Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Anyone tried Pens of Color?

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:44:28 -0600, Prometheus wrote:

I turn whatever strikes my fancy, and while that hasn't yet included
pens, I've made plenty of stuff that others may (or may not) turn up
their noses at. (Last project was a bowl made of laminated scrap
construction ply, just to see how it'd look) I figure that I've made
the investment in expensive toys, and now it's my privilege to do
whatever I feel like with them- irregardless of the general status
quo.

After all, if you're not having fun, what's the point?

that's me, also... it's not that i think pens are low class or anything... just
so little wood to turn..
Kind of like having a craving for a pint of ale and going to a wine tasting with
those itty bitty cups.. *g*

I'mm working out the design of a "pointy" stick pen though.. maybe a 12 or 16
inches should be long enough..

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis