Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default what happens when gas runs out

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:48:51 +0000, Andrew Sinclair
wrote:

Capturing the CO2 from a power station and stuffing it down an oil field
(Enhanced Oil Recovery as it is known) would save the cost of carbon
credits and release valuable oil so it is of great interest to the oil
and power industries. Trouble is, getting the CO2 to the oil fields
requires pipelines - yet another national infrastructure (and the
technology to scrub the CO2 out of the power plants - very immature at
the moment) so the best option is to build new coal plants on the East
Coast of the UK close to the North Sea oil fields.

... or build nuclear ones and not have the carbon issue in the first
place.

Matt, we do away with street lights because we all glow in the dark.