Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default SONY TV Problem

This sounds more like a failure in the vertical deflection circuit area,
rather than a simple cold solder connection. The set would have to be
troubleshooted in order to determine the failed components. I would think
that you would have to give it out for this type of work, considering the
description of your experience in TV service.

There are very serious safety issues when performing TV servicing. If you
are not properly trained and set up to do TV servicing, it is recommended
that you give the set out to a service centre for proper and safe service.

--

JANA
_____

"cgsauer" wrote in message
news Hello

I have a Sony KV32S66 32 inch TV from 2000 and a few days ago the
picture completely diappered and now when I turn it on it stays for a
minute then "rolls up" and disappears.

I've read that many of these TVs have a soldering problem and
resoldering parts of them will fix the problem.

I'm a newbie but I'm hoping I can still fix the TV.

Can anyone tell me where I need to solder (I have the back open) and
does anyone have the service manual or know where to get it (I've
done a lot of surfing for it already).

Thank you.

Cary Sauer