Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Salt Prices

"mm" wrote in message
I remember now You run a factory. Or a very big house. I can't
remember everything! :-( Neither can some of the other readers you
had fun with. !

Yep, similar to a home setup, but a much larger scale. Spending $2000 a
year on salt saves a lot of money. Boilers must have good water and
chemicals are needed to keep things in balance. Softeners cut down the
amount of chemicals needed by about $5000 a year, plus reduces maintenance
and increases tube life.

Steam heating re-circulates the water and little is lost. We use the steam
in process and most is lost to atmosphere, some to the water cooling systems
for machines.