Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Splitting a land parcel - how?

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I am interested in acquiring a land parcel about 32000 SF and cut it into
three lots and sell off two of them and build a house for myself on the
largest lot. What is the procedure in doing this? How do I create three
separate parcels with different addresses is there a standard procedure
involved?

Thanks,

MC

It's called a "Re-Plat" if I'm not mistaken. Assuming all the lots will
satisfy the local codes, homeowner's assoc. covenants, etc...
it's fairly straitforward. A lawyer is recommended to put the paperwork
through for you. Before retaining an attorney however,
take the advice previously given and get with your local building codes
office and ensure you can even do it first. No sense paying a lawyer
to tell you it can't be done.
Cheers,
cc