Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default CD Roms Longevity

Adam Funk writes:

On 2006-03-18, Bill Jeffrey wrote:
Adam -

I would think that a CD label would be a GOOD thing, as long as you
don't pull it off (and why would you?). It would be a barrier against
the inadvertent scratches that happen during handling. Yes? No? It
would also tend to keep ambient light out of the disk - or at least the
side that is normally stored upward, facing the light.

I've been under the impression that the adhesives damage the coating.
(I could be wrong.)

It's possible. Some solvents will make the coating literally peel off on
its own.