Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Cleaning stains/deposits on Satillo tile

"Dave Combs" wrote in message
The bathroom in our house has Saltillo tile which was installed before we
bought the house. It wasn't sealed properly and had some stains but most
particularly calcium deposits from a leaking toilet when we bought the
house. Are there any solutions to "bringing the tile back to life" so it
can be properly sealed?

Thanks.

Dave

As far as I am concerned Saltillo is the bane of floor management. Homes
require at least year maintenance, businesses sometime monthly.

Find a tile store, NOT THE BOX STORES and take some pictures with you.
Purchase the products that they recommend. I bet they will tell you to
strip the whole floor, then reseal it.
At least a weekend project depending on the area.

Plan on doing this at least once a year depending on traffic.

I have a friend who's living room needs to be done every 6 months. Bedrooms
can go a year.
two adults and two dogs is all.