Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for Wood Fence Installer in Salt Lake

Hey gang,

I am in the market to have a cedar privacy fence installed at my home
in Salt Lake, and would like to solicit some recommendations for a
contractor.

Here's my story:

I've thought about doing it myself, in fact, I've thought about it A
LOT. However, I really do not have the time, really, I don't have the
time. Seriously, I've read plenty of posts where members of this group
are like, "come on, any job worth doing blah blah blah". I know, I
really like the thought of doing it myself, but I like the thought of
having it completed even more.

I've even resorted to calling Home Depot for a quote. I know, I've
heard all the horror stories about HD subcontractors too. But, I
wanted to get a quote, and if HD will stand behind the fence, then
whatever. I had an appointment for a bid scheduled, and the day before
someone from HD called to say they were canceling the appointment
because they fired their last contractor because they sucked so bad,
and if I find a good contractor let them know.--Yeah, I know!

Anyhow, thanks in advance for your recommendations. I've read the hell
out of the old post regarding wood fences, so I'm pretty sure I know
what I'm looking for in the construction of the fence, I just can't
find somebody to do it.

Oh yeah, if anyone has any recommendations for a contractor to refinish
my hardwood floors I'd be eternally grateful too.

Thanks all.