Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default CD Roms Longevity

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
news:2CWSf.9131$z82.8920@fed1read07...
Adam -

I would think that a CD label would be a GOOD thing, as long as you don't
pull it off (and why would you?). It would be a barrier against the
inadvertent scratches that happen during handling. Yes? No? It would
also tend to keep ambient light out of the disk - or at least the side
that is normally stored upward, facing the light.

The adhesive on labels contains solvents which may compromise the CD's
coating over time, or even break it down altogether. I personally would
never attach anything sticky to my CDs or DVDs, least of all my most
precious and irreplaceable ones.

Dave