Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Disc Sander Belt sander Combo selection

rbell wrote:
I am in the process of buying a disc sander belt sander combo. I
found a new Wilton with a 10" disk and 6"X48" belt with a 1 hp motor
with stand for $639. I think that is hard to beat but I would like a
12" disc and 1 1/2 hp., but a JET or Delta get $900+. The Grizzly
and the Shop Fox are around $500 but I am very cautious about their
quality. Any comments.

Thank You in advance

Here's another one...
http://www.wilkemachinery.com/defaul...=1142708893508
024&id1=17&--woSECTIONSdatarq=17&--SECTIONSword=ww&--eqskudatarq=2739

I haven't seen or used it but I have a joiner from them and it is fine.
Ditto with my Grizzly tools...I have no qualms about them.

Frankly, I am less than impressed with Jet. Seems to me they try to
position themselves as a step up from the other imports simply by adding
a few small bells and whistles to what is basically the same as other
imported machines.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...