Posted to rec.woodworking
Dhakala

Default Lathe book for the utterly clueless

I want to buy a tiny lathe and some tools to set my kid up in an eBay
business. My product goal is quite modest at this time: pool cue joint
protectors. Example:

Need to be able turn round thingies about two inches long and 5/8 to
3/4" diameter; bore a hole for the screw pin dead center; and tap a
hole in another JP that matches the cue's screw pin. Common sized holes
will be 5/16 and 3/8".

I've no idea what "Swing over bed" means, and I am uncertain which end
is the headstock.

With all that in mind, what book do I need before I go shopping?