Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Default Slow leak in sealed water system

PFO wrote:
6 years ago we went from 'normal' tank-in-the-loft water system to
pumped & pressurised. Fine - wish we had done it years ago.

After 18 months the pump cycled too quickly. Plumber came back & with
tyre pump re-pressurised the blue bomb pressure vessel. A good man -
no charge.

18 months later I knew what to do & did it.

Now the re-pressurising lasts only 2 or 3 months. I assume a holed
diaphragm.

Before buying a new pressure vessel is there anything I should look for
or do to salvage the system or prevent the same occuring again?

Thanks

Phil

first queation is what pressure did you apply and what was the pressure
on the water side?

if you dont know then that may be your problem, if there is a hole in
the diaphragm then you WILL get water OUT of the pressure in
valve/charge valve

if not the you could be losing pressure somewhere else, pressurize the
vessel then use leak detector fluid to pinpoint and defects in
construction then use any insurance or warranty to get it fixed??????