Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Salt Prices

"mm" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 03:31:53 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Chuck B." wrote in message

How long does you 40lb bag last? I get my block every two weeks.

I buy 50# bags and use about 2 a day.

At 3.50 a bag, isn't that more than 2000 dollars a year?

Yes, it is. Sometimes more.

The question I'm responding to asked how many bags were used. I gave an
accurate answer. What has not asked was about hardness, gallons per day, or
any other factor in the use of salt. My application is feedwater for two 125
HP steam boilers that use an average of 10,000 gallons and up to 14,000
gallons of water a day. If you think the salt is expensive the gas bill for
last MONTH was $40,750. And that is not at full production capacity.