Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Jeffrey

Default CD Roms Longevity

Adam -

I would think that a CD label would be a GOOD thing, as long as you
don't pull it off (and why would you?). It would be a barrier against
the inadvertent scratches that happen during handling. Yes? No? It
would also tend to keep ambient light out of the disk - or at least the
side that is normally stored upward, facing the light.

Bill

Adam Funk wrote:

That's why I've never used CD-labels. I used to label my CDs directly
with permanent OHP pens, but now I use specialized CD pens. (I think
the price is about the same these days.)