Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default gunsmithing: which steel for blowback bolt?

On 17 Mar 2006 18:16:42 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:42:36 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 16:51:35 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Ah. Of the two, the carbine's is probably more relevant - I'm not
locking any lugs into anywhere, And, I have 4140, so it's a good
starting point. Thank you.

I think you would be golden with 4140

Good to hear. Any thoughts on where I should shoot for on the
hardening?

Dave

50-52//just as a gut feeling.

Is the sear carried on the bolt?

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams