Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Consumer unit replacement

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:09:17 GMT, Duncan MacCallum
wrote:

In message
Stuart wrote:

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:54:46 GMT, Duncan MacCallum
wrote:

Hi,
Chap (Meter plus)? came round to replace electric consumer.
No probs but he did suggest I get "new set of tabs" failing that
any power consumption in excess of 40amps could cause problem.

No idea what he was talking about but did ring electrician he
suggested (he left his ID next to meter)

So question is am I getting genuine advice and if so what sort
of expense might i expect if tabs are replaced.

Any advise welcome

cheers

Who are Meter Plus .??? Are you saying they replaced your consumer
unit .?? ...Did you ask them to ..I'm confused ...

Think they be part of what was once North East Electricty Board.
replacement was free and part of there programne to upgrade units.
Sorry for confusion

Cheers

So was it the meter or the CU that they replaced .It's still not clear
..
Stuart