Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

Default Arrow 10X13 lawn building

"Ed" wrote in message ...
My backyard (wood frame) shed has become overfilled. I'm considering
purchasing 'Arrow 10X13 lawn building with free floor kit' from Sears for
$379.99. This would be a 2nd shed mainly used to store off-season stuff.
So my question is --- does anyone know anything about Arrow Sheds, are
they any good?
I put this model up two years ago. Took four of us 4 days to do the job.
Don't try it if the wind is blowing at all. Give the screw holes on the
roof a shot of silicon before screwing the screws in. I have a couple of
leaks that I can't stop by coating the screws with silicon after the
fact..I think if I remove the screws, silicon, and re-insert that should do
the job but you can't climb on the roof after it's up so I don't know how
I'm going to do it. I'm 6'1", my wife 5'2"..she loves it, I've hit my head
on the door header so many times I'm becoming addled. I bolted mine to 2"
x 4"s themselves bolted to an old cement slab. Sits on the top edge of a
hill overlooking the river with a mile of clear field to the West for the
winds to build up speed. Nothing else sitting on the hill has been left
untouched by wind storms (including vinyl siding on the house) but the shed
doesn't seem to be fazed by the winds. However, it's taken a couple of
good hits from a gazebo and a steel porch swing that flew by in the wind so
it does has some scars.

Tom G.