Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook

Default Intensity ripple on Tek 465B

Sam Goldwasser wrote in message
So my trusty scope is acting up.

At normal and low intensity, there is a chopped appearance to
the trace at a few hundred Hz. It's variable and at times,
increasing intensity also causes change in focus, and/or the
intensity doesn't go as high as it should.

I assume a problem in the HV.

Thanks for any info.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included

in the

I only have the manual for the 465 , not B variant.
But assuming ps similar I would suggest a problem leading to ripple on the
unreg 120V supply rail (bridge, caps )feeding the EHT oscillator/driver
circuitry or problem in that oscillator circuitry or of course, wallectomy
time, problem in the EHT step-up transformer

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England