Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

Default Anyone tried Pens of Color?

On 17 Mar 2006 19:37:01 -0800, wrote:

Mac, just havin' a little fun at your expense. Nothing personal as I
make typos all the time. Sometimes I post something that I have
chopped out in the wee hours on the keyboard and even I don't know what
I was trying to say.

BTW, I think $1.70 is pretty good price for a quality slimline.

I don't know why you are going "kicking and screaming" into pen
turning. I turned and sold enough to pay for about $700 - $800 dollars
of new lathe toys a few years ago. Even though I don't turn them now
except rarely (currently working on lathe turned wood jewelry) they
make excellent one-of-a-kind gifts. I know some turn their noses up at
turning pens, but if I can sell it or make somebody happy with it, I'm
turning it.

Bravo, Robert-

I turn whatever strikes my fancy, and while that hasn't yet included
pens, I've made plenty of stuff that others may (or may not) turn up
their noses at. (Last project was a bowl made of laminated scrap
construction ply, just to see how it'd look) I figure that I've made
the investment in expensive toys, and now it's my privilege to do
whatever I feel like with them- irregardless of the general status
quo.

After all, if you're not having fun, what's the point?