Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Disc Sander Belt sander Combo selection

"rbell" wrote in message
I am in the process of buying a disc sander belt sander combo. I found a
new Wilton with a 10" disk and 6"X48" belt with a 1 hp motor with stand
for
$639. I think that is hard to beat but I would like a 12" disc and 1 1/2
hp., but a JET or Delta get $900+. The Grizzly and the Shop Fox are
around $500 but I am very cautious about their quality. Any comments.

Thank You in advance

Poor experience at the school with a Grizzly, but the Woodtek machines look
to be about the same or less in price. As to quality control, difficult to
say. I'm willing to bet that the QC guy wears a white coat and a JET badge
on Thursday, green and Woodtek on Friday....