Posted to alt.home.repair
HELP!!!

Default HELP - I need advice - MOULD in BASEMENT

there were flood problems in the past, but that has been fixed. There has
never been heat in the basement. What i think happened is that since there
was never any heat the water just sat there and never even had a chance to
dry. I think I will just rip the whole floor up and druy it out and start
from scratch in May. April is coming and where I am from we will get rain
in April. This will be a good way to determine if I have a serious water
problem. Any suggestions about this. I of course will put the bleach to it
all. I am also thinking that the bottom of the exterior walls are also
rotted, but I am hoping they aren't cause I'll have to do a ton of work to
fram new walls.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
The bad stuff is black and gummy. dont panic, dont call your insurance
co you dont even know the true cause yet. Putting in a claim like that
could get you dropped and you might have a hard time with a new company.
A subfloor could easily get mold from moisture comming up from
underneath it is just a perfect invironment to grow, dark and damp with
wood as food. It is hard to say what to do without seeing it, is it dirt
or concrete underneath, does it flood, is the water table high, did a
pipe just leak once. Mold is common in damp places and easy to kill with
a garden sprayer full of laundry bleach. If the wood is rotted it might
be a high water table where wood never should of been used. What is
under the wood.