Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Another Electrical question

In article , "stoutman" .@.
wrote:

I just have a 30' #10-3 extension cord that I run to my 220 volt tools as
I need them.

Did you purchase it as an extension cord or did you fabricate it yourself?
Do you protect it with anything? Flexible conduit?

I'm just a little squeamish of a high voltage cord on the floor of the shop.

Naaa.. it's just 220 volt. The rest of the world run their entire
households on 220. We're talking toasters, TV's, every-day stuff.
The US and Canada, and perhaps a small province in Africa are the only
ones running on 110 AFAIK.

Have you ever tried to cut a 10 gauge 'cord' to make an extension?
That's enforced, tough stuff.

No worries, stoutperson, although a healthy respect for anything over 12
volts is wise.