Posted to alt.horology,rec.crafts.metalworking
Malcolm Stewart

Default Unbelievable accuracy from a walmart watch

"Ignoramus30509" wrote in message
.. .
A week ago I posted a surprised message about a $6 watch from walmart
that seemed to be accurate.

The result is that the watch is not even by one second off!!!
Obviously, there are limits to my own precision in how I pressed the
return key right when the watch ticked :00, plus the OS delay in
starting "date", but in any case I could not detect any difference.

I find it rather amazing, really.

Quartz crystals gradually age, so it will be interesting to see how well it
keeps time in, say, a year's time.
( The warmth of your body and your built-in thermostat will effectively keep
the temperature variations under some control. )

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK