Posted to misc.consumers.house
M Q

Default GFCI Tripping

Make sure that the neutral for the outlet is the
neutral that goes through the GFCI and and only through
the GFCI. What's with the "two white wires" that you
mentioned?

sfaust wrote:
yeah, I thought that, but why would it work with the other outlets on
the system? It's fine as long as nothing is plugged into that last
outlet. It's not the GFCI that seems to be causing the problem. I
plugged the same lamp directly into the GFCI and it worked fine. I
also tried switching the problem outlet out for another one and that
didn't help, so as far as I can tell it would be somewhere in the
wiring?

Again, I'm pretty much a novice here with pretty basic electrical
knowledge, so if I'm missing something obvious or making a false
assumption please point it out because I probably don't see it

Thanks for helping,
Steve