Posted to alt.home.repair

Default remove chimney and vent furnace outside

I wonder just what the energy savings in $$ is for elminating the
chiney flues going with power direct vent is?

2 things theres the cost of the energy used to heat the air being
constantly exhausted out the chimney

Theres also the cost of heating the replacement air being sucked
indoors to make up the air going up the chimney.

bpth of these must amount to something, on a cold day my chimneys have
a good draft even with the furnace or hot water tank disconnected. I
noticed that one day inspecting my chimneys.

Just think its like leaving a window open 24 / 7