Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Taylor

Default Delta site

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 21:08:26 -0600, Chuck Taylor
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 20:56:35 -0600, Mike O. wrote:

Has anyone noticed that if you go to the Delta site for manuals or
parts lists, you now get sent directly to the servicenet site?

That site requires registration which is kind of a pain but worse than
that, unless you know your part number, you have to jump through hoops
to find the drawings. Also there is no way that I could see to search
for a keyword. I just don't think the site is very user friendly.
Maybe it's just me..........

I noticed that they no longer have the literature online for one of my
machines, even though they had it a week before the ServiceNet site
replaced the old Delta resources. If only I'd downloaded the parts
list at the same time as I downloaded the manual.

I also noticed that they don't respond to email on the subject, after
more than two weeks (the Web site promises a two-day response time).
The Black & Deckerization of Delta is not looking good to me at this
point.

I received in the mail today a printed copy of the literature I had
asked about in my email to Delta a few weeks ago. They did eventually
come through.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/