Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps

Default Dulux & Dulux Trade paint

RedOnRed wrote:
"Grumps" wrote in message
So, what's the difference?
I'm going to paint over newly plastered walls and ceilings. They are
thoroughly dry. The Trade info suggests that you mix it 5:1 with
water. The non-trade variety says that you should use a sealer
first. Is that a MUST do, or can you still dilute the non-Trade type?

Trade paint is better quality, has superior coverage and goes
further. Which is just what the trade want for a quicker better
quality job.

Well, I've yet to meet a tradesperson that wants to produce a better quality
job!
That aside, if the trade paint has a better coverage (and Dulux trade does),
does that mean it is just thinner than the non-trade stuff?
Now I don't know whether I should use my non-trade 10l pot, or replace with
trade paint. The 10l pot was £12.