Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home

Default Special Alan key - where to find?

Frank Stacey wrote:
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article
Frank Stacey wrote:
I want to remove a bolt which takes a 4mm hex alan key - well it's
not quite
that simple. The hex hole has a central pin which prevents the
insertion of
a standard alan key. It may be a useful security feature but
nobody knows
the wherabouts of a suitable key so it's a problem.

Ayone know if suitable alan keys can be obtained anywhere? I can't
find such things via screwfix.

A plain hex socket is unusual for this sort of thing, Torx is more
common - are you sure it's not one of those?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=43301

My ignorance again - what is "torx" ? The socket I am concerned
about is certainly hexagonal and its within a fraction of a mm of 4mm
across.
Frank

Try these
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...it s&doy=17m3
they have hex, torx and a few others in the kit.
They do an even bigger kit if you want,
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...it s&doy=17m3