Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Special Alan key - where to find?

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:12:45 +0000, Frank Stacey wrote:

I want to remove a bolt which takes a 4mm hex alan key - well it's not quite
that simple. The hex hole has a central pin which prevents the insertion of
a standard alan key. It may be a useful security feature but nobody knows
the wherabouts of a suitable key so it's a problem.

Ayone know if suitable alan keys can be obtained anywhere? I can't find
such things via screwfix.

S.fix has them under security bits. They are sold as bits for cordless
drivers. Cat No 18983.