Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Default Wiring a room thermostat to a combi boiler

Thanks for that John.

There isn't a stat already fitted so sounds like I can just connect
COM and NO to the two boiler terminals. What gauge wiring would you
suggest I get to connect boiler to stat.

Cheers

It's very unlikely to be carrying any appreciable current. 1mm^2 cable will
be fine.

Connect one wire to COM. Find out which of NC and NO is connected to COM
when the room temperature is *below* the stat setting (i.e. heat required)
and connect the other wire to that.
--
Cheers,
Roger