Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default Watts water pressure regulator leaking -- repair, replace, orjust clean?

John Sevinsky wrote:

You're right, It is a tough job, and I'm thinking it's too important of
a job to be trusted to one device. I'm wondering if I need some sort
of secondary device downstream, like a pressure relief valve set to
about 75psi. That way, once I do fix my regulator, the pressure in the
house won't rise to 130psi it the regulator fails again.

John

Where might you dump all the water that will result?

Instead, how about a second regulator in series?

It's beside the point here, but as was suggested
you really need a thermal expansion tank for the
hot water line.

Jim