Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robert strudwick

Default Anyone tried Pens of Color?

Go to www.penturners.org. You will find all you need to know about pen
turning and other providers like P.O.C.

Bob `S`

In message , mac davis
writes
I hope this doesn't sound too much like an ad, but i found this place on Ebay
and they've been very good..

Just getting dragged kicking and screaming into turning pens, I went on Ebay to
see what was up there for pens..
I found a pretty good deal on some red heart blanks and bought them..
the seller
was very fast and very helpful.. also sent a "gift" with the blanks, 2
zebrawood
blanks..

I then checked out the Poc web site and they became my pen turning
supply place!
http://www.pocwoodworking.com/
I've ordered from them 3 times in the last 30 days and their/her customer
service is incredible.. also, her prices beat anyone else that I can find...

The reason I HAD to post this is a recent mistake on my order:
Part of my order was 3 purple heart bottle stopper blanks for $195 each... when
I got the shipment, I found 3 purple stabilized blanks instead, which
were $4.99
each..
I email Sheila there and told her about it, she asked me to send the
blanks back
and she's send my the ones that I ordered..
I found out that it was going to cost me/her $500 o send them back, sort of
killing the $6 she had lost by sending the wrong blanks.. she told me to just
keep the blanks, which was probably common sense...
Today, I got an email from her saying that she had sent me the 3
original blanks
that I'd ordered, at no cost...

As much as I bitch about other vendors, I had to post this positive one...

I would definitely recommend giving them a try, I'm very happy...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Robert Strudwick