Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Old member checks in / Recycling cooking oil as a diesel fuel

On 16 Mar 2006 19:52:12 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"MikeMandaville" quickly quoth:

Hello, Emmo,

I have no idea where I am going to get my yellow grease, as it is
called by those who buy and sell recycled cooking oil. It has been the
better part of a year though since I made the down payment on my
Rabbit, and it is likely to be that long again before I finish
rebuilding the engine. Considering how much cooking oil is recycled
each year, though, I am not at all worried that I might not be able to
find a source. Many people evidently do pay to have it hauled away,
and where it is sold, it of course goes for a rock bottom price. To a
restaurant owner, yellow grease is nothing more than waste, which is
fit only to be hauled away.

Seeing as the cookers for the biodiesel are going for $2-3k, you very
likely won't have NEARLY as much competition as I'd suspected before
researching it. Contact all your local greasy spoons and fast "food"
restaurants. Ask them what they do with it and go from there. Offer to
haul it away for free and it's probably yours.

---
-If thy poster offends thee, *PLONK* it out.-