Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default PV'd butt again...

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 00:34:30 +0000 (UTC), Robert Nichols
wrote:

In article ,
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
: So, for the first time I looked at the speed chart (3
ulleys) on my 16 speed jobby, and noticed,
:Goddamm, with all these g-d speeds, there are NONE between 800 and 1200
:rpm!!!!!!
:So's now I scrutinize the 12 speed jobby.
:THIS ditty goes from 770 rpm to.... are you ready???
: ** 1550 ** rpm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:Nothing in between.

It's pretty much inevitable that there will be a big gap in the speeds
at the point where you switch from motor-belt-above-spindle-belt to
motor-belt-below-spindle-belt on the pulleys. On my 16-speed H-F
Chinese special it's from 870 RPM to 1440 RPM. All my machines have
180VDC motors with KB Electronics speed controls, so that gap isn't a
concern for me.

My 16" AMERICAN made Delta had a serious gap in there too..so it now
sports a 3/4hp 3ph motor and an elderly Horizon VFD.. so its not an
issue either

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams