Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Advice on which electric scale inhibitor to use.

On 17 Mar 2006 04:47:26 -0800, "
wrote:

I need to purchase a electric scale inhibitor.

No you don't.

They seem to range in price, from £35 at toolstation to over £75 for
those advertised on TV.

I'll do you a really effective one for £80. Would you like my Paypal
account details?

I can only assume they have different power outputs as a reason for the
price differences.

It's purely determined by what the marketers of them think that the
intended audience will pay.

One other tactic is to offer a money back guarantee and to price them
at a point where most people won't bother to return them.

Can anyone recomend a fair price unit that will work. I'd rather spend
money on one that works that on a cheap ones that does sweet FA.

They all do sweet FA, so it doesn't make any difference.

If you are trying to address scaling, then a phosphor dosing system
like a Combimate will do the job.

If you want to also soften the water and save on shampoos and
detergents, then you need an ion exchange water softener.

--

..andy

http://www.usenet.com