Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Wells

Default Coffee Stain Experient Update

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:34:46 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Those of you who have been here longer than all day know I am
trying to get away from toxic stuff, So, I've switched to water-based
poly (which I'm quite happy with), tea stain (which has worked nicely),
latex paint where I can, etc. - all water cleanup, versus mineral
spirits or paint thinner. And, have tried coffee stain, with mixed
results.

Thanks for sharing your results.

One traditional staining medium you didn't mention is chickory: I
have used it to even the shade of oak boards, and to match antique
coloring on old beams. Works fine, and you can easily use successive
coats to achieve the shade you want. I have shellaced and wxed over it
with no problems.

only one p in my real address / un seul p dans ma véritable adresse