Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Emmo

Default Old member checks in / Recycling cooking oil as a diesel fuel

All I can say is that this has not been my friend's experience. I suggest
that it might be worth a couple of phone calls to some local Austin TexMex
joints to see if they will let you have their yellow grease before you put a
lot of effort into rebuilding your motor. If you find one, please email me
and I will pass it on ...

"MikeMandaville" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, Emmo,

I have no idea where I am going to get my yellow grease, as it is
called by those who buy and sell recycled cooking oil. It has been the
better part of a year though since I made the down payment on my
Rabbit, and it is likely to be that long again before I finish
rebuilding the engine. Considering how much cooking oil is recycled
each year, though, I am not at all worried that I might not be able to
find a source. Many people evidently do pay to have it hauled away,
and where it is sold, it of course goes for a rock bottom price. To a
restaurant owner, yellow grease is nothing more than waste, which is
fit only to be hauled away.

Mike Mandaville
Austin, Texas
( BioWillie's stomping ground)