Posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.d-i-y
Philip Herlihy

Default How describe those cable ties for tidying cable?

Try Maplin - "cable ties"

http://tinyurl.com/rzwwb

--
####################
## PH, London
"Jon D" wrote in message
I am looking to buy what I might call "cable ties" or even "cable
tidies".

I do not mean the usual self-locking nylon strip that is called a
cable tie.
http://www.mpja.com/pictures/4529.jpg

And I do not mean the "re-usable" or "releasable" or "trigger
release" versions of the above.
http://www.computercablestore.com/im...cts/N-640R.jpg
http://www.panko21.com/images/releasable-tie.jpg
http://www.richco-inc.com/media/cata...es/WIT-XAR.gif

I mean something more like this:
http://www.securityseal.com/imagessi...enstaarten.jpg

The type I am thinking of is a sort of "cable tidy" which you
might get on the mains lead of a new TV. It tends to be wider
than the nylon ties, perhaps made of high-density polythene rather
than nylon, and had more exaggerated ridges than the last picture.

Does anyone know what the correct term is for that and where I can
get them in the UK?