Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Combi boiler - condensing - or not?

"CharlieR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - I'm new to this forum but would appreciate some helpful advice.
I live in a flat and am having the kitchen refitted, which means moving
or replacing our existing boiler (Alpha Ocean Style FF - about 12 yrs
old).
I'm told that if we replace it we have to have a condensing boiler (new
building regs), but I understand that there are problems with the plume
from this type of boiler as we have a balcony roof above where the flue
would exit, and it's close to a door and a window.
The cheaper option is to just move the Alpha, but I'm worried this may
affect it (cause leaks). Or can we get a new non-condensing boiler
fitted?
I've spoken to 4 different heating companies (incl BG) and have had
different comments and advice from each.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Look on the odpm site. There is the check list. If the plume is a nuisance,
then a non-condensing boiler can be fitted.