Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder

Default Planer question

I recently purchased a Delta planer so I don't have a lot of experience with
it yet. I am starting on a project that will require 4 oak posts. For the
posts I am sawing 18" from a square newel post I have lying around and then
I will cut that 18" piece lengthwise into 4 pieces. . The newel post is
covered with polyuerethane. This means that the resulting 4 posts will each
have two sides with poly on them. I'd love to run them thru my planer to
peal off the poly. Do you think this will be too rough on the knives?

TIA.

Dick