Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fred R

Default Pole barn shop/garage help

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

The optimum solution there is to either have the gravel extend well outside
the walls, so it slumps outside the building, or to pour reinforced concrete
curbs to contain the gravel. In any case, the sub-grade MUST taper down
away from your walls to prevent water intrusion.

LLoyd

LLoyd beat me to it but it bears reinforcing: graded drainage is
absolutely essential if you don't want your building to become
inadvertently 'portable' in only a few years. The other dirt-moving is
digging holes; having done them both by hand and by back-hoe-mounted
auger I can definitely say the auger is better!

--
Fred R
"It doesn't really take all kinds; there just *are* all kinds".