Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default enco lathe for sale

I have a '92 13x40, pretty pimped-out-- x,yDRO, snap-handle 5C, Aloris (like
this one).
The chucks are proly cam-lock, which is really convenient. The guy I bought
it from had replaced the main bearing, dealt w/ some defects (like a hole in
the oil housing!), etc. Hopefully QC has improved.
Overall, not a Colchester et al, but not bad. Actually, my buddy's
Colchesters--two of'em--are broken!!
I'd rather an Enco w/ Aloris than a Colchester without!
Should check, tho, to see whether the quick change stuff isin fact
Aloris--could affect price.
It looks like this one has nine speeds, instead of 12. Mine has 8--no
formal back gear, I believe--70 rpm is my lowest speed, about 2200 top.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"daniel peterman" wrote in message
check craigslist san diego for a nice lathe for ale in the toools
category.
It is not not mine but I wish it was.