Posted to uk.d-i-y
CharlieR

Default Combi boiler - condensing - or not?

Hi - I'm new to this forum but would appreciate some helpful advice.
I live in a flat and am having the kitchen refitted, which means moving
or replacing our existing boiler (Alpha Ocean Style FF - about 12 yrs
old).
I'm told that if we replace it we have to have a condensing boiler (new
building regs), but I understand that there are problems with the plume
from this type of boiler as we have a balcony roof above where the flue
would exit, and it's close to a door and a window.
The cheaper option is to just move the Alpha, but I'm worried this may
affect it (cause leaks). Or can we get a new non-condensing boiler
fitted?
I've spoken to 4 different heating companies (incl BG) and have had
different comments and advice from each.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks.