Gunner

Default Help a newbie out?

On 17 Oct 2003 01:23:59 -0400, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

For just a bit larger, in the used category, I would suggest
watching for an Emco-Maier Compact-5. (Note that there are three things
called Compact-5. One is the manual lathe with thread cutting gears.
One is the CNC version with built-in computer (which I have), and one is
the Compact-5/PC which requires a PC and a special interface card and
software to use it.

I believe that one of our resident gurus, Leigh at MarMachine
(catruckman@aol) has a very nice Emco (not Enco) for sale. IRRC, it
uses 5c collets, and his asking price was VERY reasonable.

Gunner

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle
behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto