Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin

Default Dishwasher spray tower sticking

We have a GE Model GSD680X dishwasher, about 6-7 years old. The telescoping
tower that pops up when washing hasn't been retracting all the way when the
wash is finished, and then we can't get the rack out. It can be pushed back
down, but it can be very difficult to reach when the rack has been fully
loaded. It does go down easily when you do get to it, so I'm wondering if
the problem is dirt getting in-between the telescoping sections.

Is there a way to get this thing apart, without wrecking it, so it can be
cleaned out, or to find out what else might be making it stick.? Any
suggestions will be appreciated.