Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Good Drain Cleaners

Anthony Matonak wrote:
cover wrote:
So... Does anyone know of any more environmentally/user friendly
solutions for keeping drains clear? I 'hate' using commercial drain
cleaners and drains can be such a hassle for homeowners at times as
anyone who's had the pleasure of working on them knows... TIA

My best solutions so far...
Hair traps on the bathroom sinks and shower/bath drains.
Lint trap on the clothes washer drain.
Never putting grease down the kitchen sink.
Never flushing anything but toilet paper and whatever comes
out of your body naturally.
Don't plant trees within a couple of feet of the sewer line.
Have your plumbing inspected by a professional when really
bad things happen or every 50 years, whichever comes first.

Anthony

Good list. There is nothing magic that is good for the drains and
works. If you have an ongoing problem, I suggest that it be addressed by a
plumber who can advise you of how to really fix it, not trying to use magic
cures. If you have continued problems, then you have a plumbing problem, not
a monthly maintenance problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit