Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default Taking apart a Dewalt cordless drill

Ted Bennett wrote:

Or the fellow named Kent
Who's cock was so long that it bent.
To save himself trouble,
He folded it double.
Instead of coming, he went.

PS Yes, I knew the bolt was left hand thread. I think what I probably
need it a tougher allen wrench than my wimpy off shore ones.

Jim

Whose cock, you mean. Who's is a contraction of who is.

"Who is cock" just doesn't make sense, unless you are describing, say,
Cliff or Gunner.

As long as you're going to pick on him, you could have added that his
first line didn't "scan" right. The way I heard it was:

There was a young man in from Kent

And, while totally off topic, here are the "rules" for what makes a
limerick, something they didn't teach us in trade school:

*************************

What is a Limerick?

To be a Limerick, a verse MUST have:
Five lines
Lines one, two, and five MUST each have exactly three metric feet
Lines three and four MUST each have exactly two metric feet

The metric feet MUST be anapests ( da da DUM ) although the leading foot
of each line may be an iamb ( da DUM) and the last foot of each line may
have a trailing unaccented syllable ( da da DUM da). The classic
Limerick is consistent in the use of iambs and trailing unaccented
syllables, but this is not manditory in recreational Limericks.

Lines one, two, and five MUST rhyme.
Lines three and four MUST rhyme.
A good Limerick will have a clever, unanticipated punch line as line five.
A good Limerick will not be insipid or pointless.
A good Limerick often has puns, word play, eccentric spelling, or some
other witty feature.

Any nonsense poem that lacks five lines, thirteen metric feet, or the
aabba rhyme pattern is simply not a Limerick. It might be a sing-song
or a la-de-da, but it's not a Limerick.

This is a Limerick, sound it out:

There WAS a young GIRL from MO-bile,
Whose HY-men was HAR-der than STEEL.
To SCORE her first THRILL,
Took a RIGHT ang-le DRILL,
With a FIVE-eights inch WIDE dia-mond WHEEL.

(If you can't sound out the da-DUMs and da-da-DUMs, trash it.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)