Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

Default OT-- Any of you guys using a "man purse"?

In article .com,
"CanopyCo" wrote:

John Husvar wrote:

And on the subject: Every year, after a two-week-long SCA event, I have
to get used to distributing all the junk I kept easily in a pouch around
my body again.

That is the civil war reenacting isn't it?
They used to have some really nice pouches for ammo and such back then.
Any idea where I can get a reproduction now days?

SCA is Middle Ages, Society for Creative Anachronism. Depending on who
you talk to, it's more or less based on recreating the Age of Chivalry
for research and educational purposes. It's Middle Ages the way we wish
they had been in a lot of instances.

Central heat, hot showers, antibiotics, etc. are kind of nice.

If you check for SCA on Ebay, you'll probably find many different items
related to that.

Pouches are sold by many merchants. Google for SCA pouches or SCA
supplies and you'll get tons of hits..

There are probably just as many people selling Civil War gear or
Mountain Man gear as well.

Take a look at a Google search for Civil War reenactment supplies.
sutler.com is right at the top.

Mountain Man reenactment supplies yields about 230,000 hits.

Lots to choose from. I recommend contacting Swordmoon Productions and
see if they can make exactly what you might want as a custom item.