Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default Pole barn shop/garage help

"stryped" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Been thinking, would it be acceptable to square in an area with treated
2x12's and stakes the size of the needed pole barn/garage. Then level
inside that area with gravel. Then as I get money for posts drilling
for posts outside the 2x12's and installing them? If the 2x12's are
square I am guessing the posts would have to be square then too.

Do the poles first, then form around them. It's quite easy, then, to use
stringers to build your external walls.
Better, even, to use square posts. They're a bit more expensive than used
power poles, but worth the price in the finished quality and ease of
construction for the rest of the structure. By the time you've finished
scarfing round posts for the rim beams, you'll wish you'd used square ones.

LLoyd