Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fred R

Default Pole barn shop/garage help

stryped wrote:
Hi,

Been thinking, would it be acceptable to square in an area with treated
2x12's and stakes the size of the needed pole barn/garage. Then level
inside that area with gravel. Then as I get money for posts drilling
for posts outside the 2x12's and installing them? If the 2x12's are
square I am guessing the posts would have to be square then too.

I am just trying to do this in sequences that I can do a little at a
time until I can get additional funds.

Thanks for all your help!

You could stockpile materials if you have the space, but you would
minimize costs if you have all the dirt-moving in one visit of the
backhoe (presuming you don't have your own.)

Also, the posts are usually inside the baseboards. You need to keep them
dry permanently.

Alternatively, accumulate the funds and have Morton do it!

--
Fred R
"It doesn't really take all kinds; there just *are* all kinds".